Domegge di Cadore is a peaceful village near the artificial lake of Centro Cadore.
The lake was born from the creation of a dam in the 1950s. It is dominated by the Dolomite peaks of the Spalti di Toro and Monfalconi.
If you want a relaxing holiday, where you can breathe healthy air and satisfy yourself with breathtaking views, this is the country for you.
There are various activities that can be done in Domegge di Cadore: sport fishing, walking or cycling, and in the winter cross-country skiing with two illuminated tracks of 5 km and 1.5 km. But the position of the town allows you to easily reach the most famous ski resorts in the area with Auronzo di Cadore and Cortina d’Ampezzo.
In addition there are tennis courts, shooting range, and the recently built Palafedon where basketball lovers can practice their favorite sport.
Domegge di Cadore is surrounded by wonderful Dolomite mountains: Le Marmarole, L’Antelao, Il Tudaio and Gli Spalti del Toro.
To see in Domegge di Cadore and surrounding areas
- The parish church of San Giorgio, renovated following a fire, built in 1208. It contains a painting by Marco Vecellio, a disciple of Titian.
- The Church of San Rocco where a painting by Titian’s brother: Franceswco Vecellio is exhibited.
- Casa Valmassoi, a 14th century Gothic building in masonry and wood
- In Grea you will find the Gothic church of San Leonardo. A building from the Gothic era
- The‘eremo dei Romiti is a convent on Mount Froppa built around 1720.